Irritable bowel syndrome?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: It is a group of gastrointestinal symptoms associated with lower Bowel that occurs in the absence of organic disease. It is a common long-term condition of digestive disorder.
Who is affected?
It is thought to affect up to one in 5 people at some point in their life and it usually first develops when a person is between 20 and 30 years of age. around twice as many women are affected as men.
What are the causes of IBS?
The proper cause is unknown
- Psychological disturbance especially- anxiety, obsession, depression
- Worry about family and social affairs
- Alteration of peristaltic movement GIT
- Irregular food habit
- Excessive intake of oily, spicy, or fatty food
- Gastrointestinal infection
What are the symptoms of IBS?
The most common symptoms of IBS are-
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal cramping
- Diarrhea, constipation sometimes both
- Bloating and swelling of the stomach
- Excessive wind
- Occasionally experiencing an urgent need to go to the toilet
- A feeling that has not fully emptied bowels after going to the toilet Passing mucus from the bottom
- Sometimes a lack of energy
- Feeling sick
- Bladder problems
- Pain during sex
What are the risk factors of IBS?
- Psychological stress
- Psychological trauma
- Sexual, Verbal, and physical abuse
- Mood disturbance
- Eating disorder
- Food intolerance
- Antibiotic therapy
- Pelvic surgery
Essential benefits Or good for IBS:
- Dietary fiber
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat smaller meals
- Low fat
- Probiotic supplements
- Maintain good physical fitness
- Maintain hygiene
Harmful of IBS:
- Dairy products
- Fatty foods
- Foods high in sugar
- Artificial sweeteners
- Some vegetables like broccoli, cabbage
- Carbonated drinks
- High carbohydrate meals
- Coffee and chewing gum
What is the treatment of IBS?
Treatment of IBS: As a doctor, I can say
Treatment depends on physicians, knowledge, experience, and patients condition.